Technical Support Engineer
- Do you have IT networking skills and experience of working with Microsoft Windows applications?
- Do you have a good working knowledge of Cisco products?
- Do you have a background in IT Support?
- Do you enjoy problem solving?
- Are you passionate about customer service?
If so, we want to hear from you!
C3 is a thriving Cambridge-based company, specialising in computer telephony platforms and associated multichannel applications. We specialise in software that streamlines the communication process and reduces overhead management costs. Our customer engagement platform, which incorporates our multichannel contact software and IVR scripting technology, is used at customer’s sites across the globe.
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join our friendly team as a Support Technician, providing solutions to our customers when problems arise with their telephony services.
- Triaging, logging and resolving tickets through our internal helpdesk
- Diagnosing technical issues by taking ownership to provide a fix or to escalate the issue where necessary
- Assisting with daily/weekly/monthly customer system checks
- Creating and maintaining support/product documentation
- Liaising with third party suppliers and engineers
- Willingness to be on call every 1 in 3 weeks
Experience and skills required:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows applications
- Networking experience/knowledge (Cisco firewalls, routers, etc.)
- An interest in troubleshooting and fault finding
- A problem solver and logical thinker
- Call handling experience
- Great communication skills
- Educated to a Degree level in a subject which is IT related
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- Full driving licence
- Must live or be willing to live in local area due to on call rota
Desirable but not essential skills:
- Windows Server administration (AD, DFS, MFA, Group Policies etc.)
- Scripting in Powershell or similar
- Virtualisation & Cloud (Hyper-V, Azure, AWS)
- Understanding of, or exposure to, PCI DSS Compliance SIP/VOIP
- At least 2 years prior experience in a technical support role
- 20 days paid holiday per year plus bank holidays (increasing to 25 after 5 years of service)
- Office location with remote working temporarily (due to Covid-19)
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Death in Service benefit
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Monthly social activities (when possible!)
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
If you would like to apply for this role please email email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are the person we’ve been looking for.
We like to speak directly to people interested in working with us and so we don’t use employment agencies.